Saturday, June 19, 2010
Ridiculous Letter to U.N nuclear agency from the junta
It would be a ridiculous letter, blindly stating that the junta is not producing Nukes. The hard evidences have proven that the junta is tricking German Company to help them building Nukes. If U.N nuclear agency believe and accept the junta's claim, U.N will fail the hearts of all Burmeses over the world.
Check Aljazeera English from Youtube or from the videos above for DVB's video evidences of Burmese junta's Nuclear plots.
Reference:
Burma Denies Allegations It Is Seeking Nukes. The Associate Press. June 19, 2010. http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18761
Another Opposition Website Shut Down by Hackers
According to one of the editors, who goes by the name Photayoke, the Web site came under major attacks on May 27 and June 11, following three smaller attacks.
On June 11, the server provider sent an email to the Web site's owners stating that a major distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS) had been focused on their data center.
Although there is no evidence to prove it, the Web site's owners are convinced that the State Peace and Development Council (SPDC), Burma's ruling junta, was behind the virtual attack.
“We know the SPDC attacked our Web site. They are afraid of us because we get the secret information from our close contacts inside the Tatmadaw,” said Photayoke, referring to Burma's armed forces.
“Then the exiled radio stations like Democratic Voice of Burma and Voice of America broadcast our information to soldiers on the front line in Burma,” he said.
The site received its first major attack on May 27—the same day, according to the Web site's owners, that the SPDC held a press conference in Naypyidaw accusing Maj Aung Lynn Htut, a former senior intelligence officer, of stealing US $85,586.45 when he defected from the Burmese embassy in Washington, DC, in March 2005.
In response to the accusations, Aung Lynn Htut wrote a letter, which was posted on photayokeking.org, explaining that he was unable to deposit the money in a US bank because of sanctions, but had transferred it in Washington.
Photayokeking.org was set up in May 2008 in order to provide “real information” about the Burmese military, according to the site's owners. It relies on soldiers inside the Tatmadaw to provide intelligence about the secretive army’s activities and meetings.
“We want to show that all the subordinate soldiers until brigadier-general rank are disappointed with the military regime and are experiencing the same suffering as the civilians,” said Photayoke.
In order to avoid problems with Burmese spies and hackers, the Web site's owners took the precaution of using a more expensive server in the US, instead of Thailand.
The server, based in Los Angeles, has since said that it would no longer be able to host the Photayokeking.org because of the dangers it posed to other customers’ Web sites.
The cost of creating a new Web site is $8,000 per year, making it difficult to re-launch the site, according to its owners.
This isn’t the first time a Burmese opposition Web site has come under attack. During the September 2007 Saffron Revolution, when thousands of monks and civilians took to the streets to protest against continued military rule, several exiled media sites were disabled by cyber attacks.
Professional hackers infected The Irrawaddy Web site with a Trojan virus, which left the site inoperable at a time when the world was relying on the exiled media for information about the brutal crackdown.
In September 2008, The Irrawaddy was targeted again, this time by a DDoS attack—the same method that closed down photayoke.org. Jammed with fake traffic by “robot” visitors, The Irrawaddy's online news service was put out of operation for three days.
A DDoS attack is orchestrated by hiring a hacker who controls thousands of PCs around the world and uses them to attack the victim Web site. Fees for the services of the hacker vary according to the size and duration of the attack, but usually start at around $500.
INET, the second largest host server in Thailand, confirmed that The Irrawaddy Web site, www.irrawaddy.org, became the target of a DDoS attack on Sept. 17, 2008.
The CAT Telecom Public Co. Ltd and some ISPs blocked the site as a “danger zone” following the attacks.
The attacks coincided with the first anniversary of the regime’s brutal suppression of the Saffron Revolution and also put other exiled media sites, such as Mizzima, Democratic Voice of Burma and the Bangkok-based New Era Journal, out of action.
Mizzima has been repeatedly attacked by pro-SPDC hackers in an effort to shut down its Web site.
In October 2008, a group of hackers calling themselves the “Independence Hackers from Burma” shut down mizzima.com for nearly ten hours.
In an interview with The Irrawaddy, former SPDC spy, Kyaw Myint Myo, said that SPDC intelligence has hired foreign computer technicians and hackers to monitor e-mail messages and telephone conversations at home and in neighboring countries.
“They [the technicians and hackers] are North Korean, Singaporeans and Russians.”
Like other Web sites that have been blocked, photayokeking.org has been moved to a blog address, photayokeking.blogspot.com, until its administrators are ready to re-launch the site. -- The Irrawaddy
That is why people need bloggers like us. SPDC hackers cannot attack Google's Blogger.com. If they get caught by doing so, it will be the end of the days of junta.
Reference:
Ellgee, Alex. Another Opposition Website Shut Down By Hackers. The Irrawaddy. June 19, 2010. http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18759&page=2
Friday, June 18, 2010
Help "Break The Silence" campaign
Amnesty International (AI) has launched an online campaign to collect enough money from donors to buy 4,000 radios to be distributed in Burma next month, according to a press release on Thursday.
"Burma is preparing for its first elections in two decades,” the statement read. “By heavily censoring the media, the ruling military junta attempts to isolate the population from independent opinions. But you can help us beat the blackout.”
AI called on its readers and members to donate £12.50 (US $18.50), which the London-based rights group said is the cost of one radio.
Calling the campaign “Break the Silence,” AI said it hopes to collect enough donations to buy 4,000 radios, 60 walkie-talkie kits and six satellite kits. -- Irrawaddy
The junta tightly controls all media in the country, including printing, Internet, radio and TV, and is notorious for its censorship and state propaganda. But radio is the only way that people can get information from outside. We can still operate radio with batteries although we do not have electricity, but batteries might cost more than electricity.
Military government had attacked and accused foreign news stations such as CNN, BBC, VOA, RFA, and DVB as radio wave killers when these news stations aired accurate news of Saffron Revolutions during September 2007.
Anyhow, let's support the campaign of Amnesty International (AI) for the nourishment of our Burmese citizens.
Reference:Weng, Lawi. AI Launches Radio Campaign for Burma. The Irrawaddy. June 18, 2010. http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18750
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
What happened to Sen. Webb?
Sen. Webb, I do not know what the junta did to you, but I am certain that every Burmese in US are having strong opinion against you right now. The regime's officials are good at bribing, so I hope you are not also a victim of the bribery.
Sen. Webb, Regime 'Talking from Same Script'?
It's now clear that the relationship between the Burmese regime and US Sen. Jim Webb is unique, and his position as a strong advocate for US engagement with the generals has not changed, in spite of recent allegations that the junta is trying to acquire nuclear weapons. Webb's relationship with the regime might even have been strengthened.
Many wondered if the relationship was damaged after the Democratic lawmaker said he would seek clarification on the report that Burma was acquiring a nuclear program—a report which compelled him to cancel his scheduled visit to Burma early this month, when he also called for the appointment of a US special envoy to Burma.But, last week both Webb and the regime spoke out in rejecting the conclusions of the report, citing similar reasons as if they were talking from the same script.
On Thursday, Webb pointed out in a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the Oslo-based Burmese exiled news service Democratic Voice of Burma (DVB), which alleged that Burma had a nuclear program, is a US-funded media organization, insinuating that the US government should be held accountable for the nuclear report.
Three days later, on Friday, the Burmese Ministry of Foreign Affairs described the DVB as “a killer broadcasting station” that survives on US aid from the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and that the report was issued by anti-Burma elements in collaboration with other news media for a political purpose.
The DVB deputy executive in Norway defended the station's report, saying that the organization functions independently, and, although 10 to 15 percent of the organization's funds comes from the US government, its main financial backers are European countries such as the Netherlands.
Some observers noted that while it is not uncommon for the regime to accuse Burmese exiled newsgroups in such a way, it is unusual for an American senator to make a similar point.
Also, regarding an earlier news report that Burma might have violated UN Security Resolution 1874 imposed on North Korea by receiving alleged shipments of military items from North Korea in 2009, Webb said that it was an “unsubstantiated” allegation raised by the US top diplomat for Asia, Kurt Campbell. By the same token, the regime defended itself by saying that it had only imported cement from North Korea during the alleged transaction.
While Webb said that the new nuclear allegations had “frozen any prospect of further engagement with Burma,” the regime's media noted on Friday that the “unfounded” nuclear allegations surfaced at a time of resumption of engagement between Burma and the United States.
Even though there may have been no direct discussions between Webb and Burmese government officials, informed sources said that there is regular contact between him and the regime aided by overseas Burmese who support the junta.
Based on his sources, Webb told the Asia Society last week that Burma's election, whose date is yet to be announced, would probably be held on Oct. 10, adding that the election should be viewed as a step forward for Burma.
When Webb made his first official visit to Burma in 2009 and met with the reclusive regime's chief Snr-Gen Than Shwe, opposition figures said he did not mention the more than 2,000 political prisoners languishing in prisons and human rights violations against ethnic minorities.
Since that visit, Webb has not enjoyed support among many Burmese democracy activists, who say that his primary concern is countering Chinese influence in Burma through US economic investment in the country.
Nevertheless, Webb is not mistaken in pointing out the growing Chinese influence in Burma, as seen by the recent visit by Chinese Primer Wen Jiabao, during which 15 cooperation agreements were signed covering areas such as natural gas imports, a trans-Burma gas pipeline, hydro-power dams and foreign aid.
And according to the latest reports, Chinese political influence might have been a factor in the regime's recent easing of pressure on ethnic cease-fire groups on the China-Burma border to join the regime's border guard force plan.
Given these realities, Webb's position for greater engagement with the regime to counter China's growing influence is not likely to change. In doing so, Webb frustrates Burmese pro-democracy activists and delights the regime, which will soon probably reward him with another personal meeting with Snr-Gen. Than Shwe.
Reference:
Kaung, Ba. Sen. Webb, Regime 'Talking from Same Script'?. The Irrawaddy. June 15, 2010.
http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18724&page=1
Friday, June 4, 2010
Junta's Covert Nuclear Plans and Burma, Ignoring Nuclear Disarmament
Quoting experts and defectors, the documentary, which was aired by Al Jazeera on Friday, said that if the junta achieves its goal, Burmese missiles could target neighboring countries, as well as threatening US military activities in the Indian Ocean.
Burmese army defector Maj Sai Thein Win, who is a missiles expert, said the junta is constructing nuclear and missiles facilities at at least two sites in Magwe and Mandalay divisions in central Burma.
“They [the junta] really want a [nuclear] bomb. That is their main objective,” said Sai Thein Win in the documentary. “They want to have rockets and nuclear warheads.” -- Irrawaddy
Should not UN be very strict with its UN Nuclear Resolutions? Thanks to Major Sai Thein Win, the world could apprehend the evil nuclear plans of the junta. Anywhere in Burma is not a safe place to live anymore. International must interfere or Burma will be the second North Korea in a couple of years. Hopefully, Rangoon, where most politicians live, will not be the target of the nuclear warheads. I care more about people in Rangoon or anywhere else in Burma than neighboring countries or the US military fleet in the Indian Ocean.
Reference:
Moe, Wai. Burma's Nuclear Ambitions 'Threaten Regional Security'. The Irrawaddy. June 4 2010. http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18628
Roughneen, Simon. Evidence Points to Burma's Nuclear Weapons Intent. The Irrawaddy. June 4 2010.http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18622
Tunnels in Burma -- Resurfaced
some 80 km west of Padan Township in Magway Division, local sources said. The tunnel is 50 feet wide and 50 feet high, a worker from the project said, and is being supervised by North Korean technicians.On Friday, fresh evidence of the regime constructing a secret network of hidden bunkers and tunnels across the country surfaced. According to an investigative film by an exiled Burmese broadcaster, the Democratic Voice of Burma (DVB), which was aired by Al Jazeera on Friday, some tunnels are marked as substations for fiber optic cables and are part of a plan to provide the military with a secure nationwide communications network.
“They are constructing a tunnel ... a huge tunnel. Many tunnels all over the country,” said Sai Thein Win—a former defense engineer and missile expert who recently defected from the army—in the film. The documentary also revealed bunkers alleged to be used as secret military storage facilities and command centers in case of aerial attacks. -- Irrawaddy
Tunnels again! Before this new evidence from former Major Sai Thein Win, tunnels are believed to be the hiding places for the generals of junta when US aircrafts come. Experts referred these tunnels as rat-tunnel defense used by Vietnams when they fought US in World War II.
Now, these tunnels are proven to be not only bunkers, but also nuclear missile-silos. UN and EU should have closely and tightly scrutinized these rats (generals) since North Korea's ship carrying weapons anchored at Burma shore in June 2009.
Because of these negligence, Burma is going to be a second North Korea and Burmese citizens are in danger of nuclear side-effects and consequences.
Paing, Yan. Junta Constructing Tunnel in Magway. The Irrawaddy. June 4, 2010.
http://www.irrawaddy.org/article.php?art_id=18626